Alfredo Arán, general manager of Global Business in Iberia for MAPFRE Spain and MAPFRE Global Risks, elected chairman of the AGERS Advisory Board
On November 25, the first meeting of the Advisory Board of the Spanish Association of Risk and Insurance Management (AGERS) was held. The purpose of this body is to consult and collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop and promote risk management in Spain.
With all Advisory Board members in attendance, Alfredo Arán was unanimously elected chairman of said board. There are 11 board members in total in the body, which is comprised of people with renowned professional achievements whom the AGERS Board of Directors thanked in a press release for “their participation in such an exciting mission, committed to making progress on a new path full of challenges and opportunities.”
• Alfredo Arán Iglesias, general manager of Global Business and Brokers for MAPFRE and of Iberian Regions and Markets for MAPFRE Global Risks
• Maciste Argente, chairman of FECOR
• Juan Arsuaga, chairman and chief executive officer of Lloyd’s Iberia
• Fernando Caballero, managing director-Global Risk Consulting Commercial Risk Solutions at AON
• Paulino Fajardo, partner at Herbert Smith Freehills
• Alberto Gallego, head of Corporate Risk & Broking of Western Europe and CEO Spain Iberia at Willis Towers Watson
• Montserrat Guillem, Barcelona School of Economics
• María Isabel Martínez Torre-Enciso, CEU San Pablo
• José Ramón Morales, Iberia Country Leader AXA XL
• Alfredo Zorzo Losada, Business Development Director-Risk & Insurance Director One eSecurity
• Vicente Hurtado, CEO Addvalora
During this first meeting, the AGERS Advisory Board discussed several current topics and strategies for how best to perform its functions.